What do the text formatting icons mean?
Learn about basic text editor features here.
What do the insert icons in the text editor mean?
NOTE: Hover over the icons to see their names. Press on (Help) any time to view keyboard shortcuts for formatting and common actions.
- Insert Horizontal Line: insert article-wide horizontal line.
- Insert Link: paste the URL or search using Froala, Google, or Facebook. By default, the link will open in the same tab as the article, replacing the article. Check Open in new tab to change that setting.
- Insert KB Article Link: select a KB article to insert from the dropdown. The text on the link will be the title of the KB article, but you can edit it later.
- Insert Table: maximum size 10 x 10 cells. Click on a cell or select multiple cells to view more formatting options.
Insert Tabs: create clickable tabs, as shown in the screenshot below. To edit the tab titles and content:
- To edit a tab title, click on the blue linked text that says "Place pointer here and edit text for Tab 1" and select Edit Link. Edit the Text field. Click Update. NOTE: selecting "Open in new tab" will not produce any results in tab view.
- To edit tab text, replace "Update this content for Tab 1" with your text.
Insert Accordion: create a clickable accordion, as shown in the screenshot below. To edit the accordion section titles and content:
- To edit an accordion section title, click on the blue linked text that says "Place pointer here and edit text for Accordion 1" and select Edit Link. Edit the Text field. Click Update. NOTE: clicking on Open in new tab will not produce any results in accordion view.
- To edit accordion section text, replace "Update this content for Accordion 1" with your text.
- Code View: select to view and edit the article in HTML code view. De-select to go back to the visual editing mode.
- Font Awesome: insert special icons.